Friday 13 April 2012

Cultural Exchange with Black Box Exercise


When I talk about Black Box Exercise, I should have mentioned about the two cultural exchange festival I took part in Berlin (2000) and Copenhagen (2003) - The Festival Of Vision : Berlin - Hong Kong and Image of Asia, this experiences influenced me a lot. From becoming an art and design student to study abroad, and the interest of traveling, are all related to this. Above image show the town hall of copenhagen and was the exhibition venue and where the opening ceremony took place.

I was only an individual participant of the whole event, I was wondering is that possible to create work similar in the future in terms of engaging the mass public.When I worked on this project, it was a post-SARS period. I wanted to deliver the message that Hong Kong is recovered from the disease. My black box then became a container of “Hong Kong air”, it was a souvenir which packed with air and a photograph of Hong Kong.

No comments: